Tired of using dozens of different services and setting up complicated automations in order to streamline simplest processes? Look no further, as Subbly provides just what you need, and in one place 😎
No more complex integrations, with our straightforward if this, then that logic, you'll be able to easily streamline and supercharge your business ⚡
First of all, some lingo so we all understand the basics of how automations work 👇
- Trigger - certain events that happen during the customer life cycle, these are the actual starting points of your automation.. ie., something will happen after trigger triggered it to happen. Some examples of triggers might be: customer subscribed to a product, customer cancelled the subscription, etc...
- Condition - conditions are used to specify triggers more precisely. They pertain to certain conditions that have to be met before the action takes place. Example would be: customer subscribed to a specific product, customer's lifetime value exceeded $2000 (customer spent more than $2000 on your store), etc...
- Action - is something that is done after certain event triggers it and after specified conditions have been met. For example: when customer subscribes to specific product > send SMS to that customer.
Specifying trigger and action is mandatory in order for the automation to be set, whereas setting up condition is not. You can feel free to leave it blank if you don't need to make triggers more specific.
Types of triggers
- Order created - this is triggered once the order is created on the backend. This can happen for both subscription and for one-time products. Please note that order is only created when the actual charge is through (thus, this might not be triggered if the customer payment is failing or if you're utilizing pre-order end date functionality) ❗
- Subscription skipped - this is triggered once customer's subscription is skipped from the admin.
- Subscription cancelled - this is triggered when customer's subscription is cancelled.
- Subscription set to cancel at end of commitment - this is triggered if customer sets the subscription to cancel at the end of the commitment term. This is also possible to set through the customer login area.
- Subscription created - this is triggered once customer's subscription is created. It doesn't necessarily needs to be correlated with the order created at the same time.
Types of conditions
- Orders count - adds a condition that triggers the action only after certain number of orders are created for a specific customer.
- Lifetime value of customer - adds a condition that triggers the action only after customer spends certain amount of money 💰 on customer's store (both subscriptions and one-times are accounted for).
- Product - adds a condition that triggers the action only if it's correlated with specific product (and not to all of the products associated with the store).
- Gift - adds a condition that triggers the action only if gifting is enabled on the checkout.
Types of actions
- Send email - sends an email to customer's email address and from merchant's email address when certain conditions are met.
You can specify a possible delay for the email being sent, and add subject and body of an email as well.
- Send SMS - sends an SMS to a customer's phone number provided on the checkout when certain conditions are met.
Sending SMS's is only possible if you have Twilio integration setup. You can do it from here by configuring the integration as indicated in the picture below 👇
- Send webhook - this will send a payload of data to a certain endpoint (specified on the corresponding field). This is perhaps the most flexible and powerful tool you can use to create automations between triggers from Subbly's checkouts and 3rd parties. Possibilities of working with this are literally limitless 😊
- Apply coupon (NEW) - this will apply a coupon to your customer's subscription after certain criteria has been met. This is good for running loyalty program where you're providing a coupon to the customer after his/her Nth order, for example.
You can see for more on how you can create coupons on Subbly here.
Please note that this is not a complete list of triggers, actions and conditions as we're constantly working on implementing more and more different events that will make the entire process for you even more streamlined. If you want to see something added here, please make sure to submit a request to the Feature Request panel here.