How to connect your custom domain to Subbly?
So, you went all professional and bough your very own custom domain that you want connected with Subbly? Good job! Here is how you do it...
Basically, the process is always the same for every domain registrar. What you need to do is to:
- First of all you will need to login to your custom domain's DNS settings (where you bought your domain initially). You should be able to change records on your DNS (specifically A and CNAME records which are essential here).
- After you made it to the DNS settings page, you will need to input the following:
- Create A RECORD with the value of ''@'' and pointing to '' 126.96.36.199 '' (without the parentheses).
- Create a CNAME RECORD with the value of ''www'' pointing to ''customdomain.subbly.co'' (again, input the values without parentheses).
- Make sure to get rid of all the additional A or CNAME records (just delete them) as well as from all other possible forwarding setup.
- Now it's time to get back to Subbly. Go here and input your custom domain into appropriate field and save.
Of course, you can still consider adding SSL certificates to your custom domain if you want your entire site to be secured. We advise adding Cloudflare's certificates.
However, if you don't do it it's still not a big deal because our checkouts are already SSL certified and secured so all your customer's sensitive data is already protected.
Go Daddy example
Majority of our customer choose GoDaddy for their domain registrar. Changing DNS settings on GoDaddy is pretty straightforward.
You'll need to go to Domains page on your GoDaddy admin and to click on DNS.
After you're taken to the DNS page and after you did all the changes needed, your DNS records should look like this:
Save changes and make appropriate changes on your Subbly admin as stated above. Give it a minute to propagate and you should be good to go.