How do I connect my custom domain to Subbly?
If you own a custom domain bought on any domain registrar out there, here is how you connect it to your Subbly store ... 👇
Basically, the process is always the same for every domain registrar. What you need to do is to:
- Login to your custom domain's DNS settings (where you bought your domain initially). You should be able to change records on your DNS (specifically A and CNAME records which are essential here).
- After you made it to the DNS settings page, you will need to input the following:
- Create A RECORD with the value of ''@'' and pointing to '' 126.96.36.199 '' (without the quotation marks).
- Create a CNAME RECORD with the value of ''www'' pointing to ''customdomain.subbly.co'' (again, input the values without quotation marks 🙃).
- Make sure to get rid of all the additional A or CNAME records (just delete them) possibly present on the control panel. At the same time, please disable any forwarding that you've might added previously.
- Now it's time to get back to Subbly. 🔙
Go here and input your custom domain into appropriate field and save.
Of course, you can still consider adding SSL certificates to your custom domain if you want your entire site to be secured. We advise adding Cloudflare's certificates.
However, if you don't do it it's still not a big deal because our checkouts are already SSL certified and secured so all your customer's sensitive data is already protected ❗
GoDaddy example 👇
Majority of our customer choose GoDaddy for their domain registrar. Changing DNS settings on GoDaddy is pretty straightforward.
You'll need to go to Domains page on your GoDaddy admin and to click on DNS.
After you make necessary changes to the A and CNAME records respectively as described above, your DNS records should look like this:
Save changes and make appropriate changes on your Subbly admin as stated above. Give it a minute to propagate and you should be good to go. ✔
Namecheap example 👇
If you bought your domain on Namecheap, you will first of all need to make sure that you're using Namecheap's default basic DNS nameservers.
Once you're using Namecheap's nameservers you'll be able to navigate over to the Advanced DNS tab where you need to make appropriate changes to the A and CNAME records.
Correct Namecheap DNS records should look like in the picture below.
Make necessary changes on your Subbly settings and you're done ✔
If you have any additional questions or you need help connecting your custom domain to your Subbly, kindly contact [email protected] and we'll be with you in no time. 😊